DATE : 2014-02-06
“Adriacold: Diffusion of Cooling and Refreshing Technologies using the Solar Energy Resource in the Adriatic Regions” is a European project aiming at promoting cooling systems powered by the heat produced by solar panels, thus reducing the use of electricity for air conditioning. Adriacold studies the practical applications of solar cooling technologies in order to facilitate its use, disseminate knowledge and demonstrate their benefits, both economic and environmental.
Following a phase of analysis and study of the needs of thermal conditioning and identification of the most effective and appropriate technologies, the project includes a demonstration phase in which six pilot plants will be install in three partner countries. The following phase will monitor and assess the performance of the systems, to end with the collection of data and the drafting of guidelines useful to replicate these technologies in other countries.
The project has started in October 2012 and will run for 30 months. Adriacold is co-financed by the European Union through the Programme IPA Adriatic Cross-border Cooperation.
The main aim of the Adriacold Project is to promote the dissemination and a wider use of alternative energy systems for air conditioning in public and private buildings situated in some of the territories bordering the Adriatic Sea, fostering collaboration between public authorities, scientific institutions, economic operators in the “cold” sector and end-users with small power devices (range 30 -70 Kw).
- Public authorities and citizenship;
- Manufacturers of equipment for environmental conditioning;
- Tour operators, agricultural and agro-industrial products.
- Analysis and study of the requirements necessary for the thermal conditioning (cooling and air conditioning) in areas covered by the project;
- Study and identification of the most appropriate and effective technologies;
- Installation of 6 demonstration pilot plants, management and performance monitoring to optimize results;
- Diffusion and dissemination of technologies and results.