Regional Center for Development and Cooperation (RCDC) is a non-governmental organization established in 2007, aiming to contribute further deepening of knowledge and understanding of sustainable regional development processes through study, research, training and advisory services provided in social policies, employment, unemployment, poverty, gender equality, health care, tourism development, cultural and historical heritage, art and culture, as well as human resource development.
The Center is non-profit and it aims the provision of services through the design, implementation and management of projects that contribute to the benefit of the public interest including the following objectives:
1. Promoting the development of the regions, through transfer of technology and innovation, with the aim of creating an environment that will encourage investment and market expansion;
2. Provide consultancy and advice for regions at all levels of government in order to create the necessary infrastructure to facilitate their participation in European programs;
3. Promotion of cultural exchange and social dialogue, encouraging respect for diversity, sense of stability, security, and mutual understanding;
4. Promotion and implementation of sustainable development of special interest tourism or active tourism which ensures economic growth and quality for the involved beneficiary communities;
5. Coordination of efforts for the development of tourism in Albania focusing on creation and development of cultural and natural heritage product based on community inclusion and support;
6. Extension of tourist season or seasonality management;
7. Cooperation with other governmental and non-governmental agencies/institutions under the purpose of developing cultural and natural heritage tourism;
8. Strengthening social relations, involvement and charitable activities for vulnerable groups (people with mental disabilities and physical, street children, young people with problems, abused women); reducing inequalities and social exclusion, protection and child care, support for young people and teenagers, support for integrating immigrants through their programs, gender equality and strengthening the role of women in society;
9. Improving the environment and biodiversity, regulation of human relationships with the environment and support a strong economy and environmentally sustainable;
10. Support the exchanges in the field of art and culture and promote the internationalization and understanding of people;
Ways of realization
- Promoting and conducting studies contributing to the development of cultural and natural heritage tourism;
- Promoting quality of service in the natural and cultural tourism industry.
- Tourism Planning and development at local level.
- Support for the development of vocational education;
- Training of administration, business and individuals in enhancing professional skills and service quality;
- Applying modern standards in service, management and monitoring;
- Organization of events, meetings and conferences;
- Establishing cooperation links with counterpart structures abroad and specialized structures of international organizations;
- Supporting entrepreneurship by facilitating startup of businesses directly or indirectly related to tourism;
- Develop economic activity in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Law for non-profit organizations;